Citron a la española was finished almost a week ago. It took 5 days to knit, 1 day to block, and almost another week to take a modelled pic for it was really too hot!
Citron a la española was knitted entirely Conitnental style, I did it to practice the style. With fingering weight yarn is much easier to get my hand in than an almost cobweb lace. Towards the end, I decided to apply beaded bind-off. I have some size 8 silver lined yellow Japanese round seed beads in stash and thought they would light a bit the shawlette/scarf. If they were size 6 it would've been even better. I really like the result.
As to my first Citron, the celery-color one, I stopped knitting it for a week to knit the Spanish one, and resumed knitting afterwards. It has 7 sections and I'm on the ruffle edging now. Last Saturday I took it with me to a bead store near my parents house in hopes of finding some beads that will match the celery/mint green. Luckily, the shop owner showed me some size 8 light green transparent AB beads which nicely compliment my Citron. I bought 1 tael (approx. 37.5g) of them, which should be more than enough for my edging.
Just when I thought I could finish the first Citron in no time, something happened. I will explain it in another post. Anyway, due to that "something", I started another project right away! And the Citron is once again put aside! Here's a little sneak peak: