2010-08-19

夏日飛逝小披肩 Summer Flies

Several months ago while surfing Ravelry, I encountered several shawls/shawlettes/scarves that I wanted to knit, but at the time wasn't motivated to cast-on right away for I didn't know what yarn in my stash to use. I used to like my shawls to be large: long enough to cover almost the whole of my back for a triangel shawl, or wide enough to do the same for a rectangular one. Recently, however, and strangely enough, I'm only interested in shawlettes, shawls that were designed not to be too large and could be used as a not-to0-bulky scarf. Percy, Citron and Summer Flies.

I started Percy first, for it was tigergirl who suggested that TKA make it a project. And then I started on the celery green Citron, which is still being beaded bind-off (I knitted SEVEN sections), and when the celery was half way done I started another Citron the a la española one, knitted Vent d'Est Vent d'Ouest cowl, and went back to Citron #1. I was bored by the beaded bind-off and one time when I opened the camphor chest where I stash my yarn, I spotted Lana Grossa Gala.


Lana Grossa Gala

I bought a pack of four Lana Grossa Gala in black three years ago for knitting the Reading in Bed Shrug to go with a Mango dress. I was never satisfied with the shrug and vowed to rip it and knit a bolero instead. And now I decided a shawlette would be nice, too!


The Mango dress, a bit wrinkled I'm afraid!

3.75mm needles were used to test knit the shawlette and what was I thinking? The knitting was definitely too small! Yes, I was afraid that I would run out of yarn, although according to the pattern the Gala I have should be enough for one Summer Flies. So I frogged and used US8. It was a very quick knit, I finished it in 2 nights and 1 day! I couldn't belive it myself! And strangely, I have almost one ball (95m) of Gala left!







Really love the result!

No comments:

Post a Comment